Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The 2014 Oscars...


Hola,

What's going on my lovely fashionistas? How is everyone doing after one of the best nights in fashion? I must say that I am a bit bummed that the award shows are over because that brings to an end the gorgeous and not so gorgeous parades of beautiful clothing.




I thought the 2014 Oscars were the most fun ever. Ellen DeGeneres was marvelous, but did anyone doubt she would be though? She was flawless, hilarious and so relaxed. She was funny without offending and kept the pace going to the point where I didn't want the show to end. From the epic selfie, to ordering and serving pizza to using Pharrell Williams' hat to collect a tip for the pizza delivery guy, I just cannot pick what was my favorite moment of her hosting. Two Thumbs up for her.


Best Selfie Ever!! They Broke Twitter!

Ellen Is Such A Gracious Host... Pizza Anyone?

Pharrell's Hat Was Perfect To Collect A Tip For The Pizza Guy.

Oh but wait... Let's not forget her fashion. I thought all her wardrobe changes were fabulous right down to her dressing up as Glenda the good witch from The Wizard of Oz. She looked absolutely beautiful the entire night.


Ellen's Opening Ceremony Outfit Was Fabulous!


She Looked Fantastic Even As Glenda The Good Witch!

So yes the host was fantastic and again, the show was the most fun I've ever watched. I vote for Ellen to host the Oscars for several consecutive years. I can just imagine what she will do if she is asked to host next year. Well done, Ellen... Well done!

Now... Let's get into the wonderful world of fashion on the red carpet. This year there were so many fabulous, gorgeous, delightful dresses that I was blown away. There were beautiful colors from bright to dark to soft nudes. Oh my goodness I was in fashion heaven. Even the men were impeccably dressed and left the usual, ordinary black tux at home and chose whites, blues and burgundies. Of course, there were a few misses, but thankfully not too many in my opinion. So enough chit chat, let's get started. I changed it up a little bit and added a few extra categories:


CUTEST COUPLE ON THE RED CARPET:

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis. The cutest couple on the carpet. They complemented each other beautifully, and the best moment was when Jason stepped away and was caught taking a cell phone photo of his gorgeous wife! LOVE! <3




BEST DRESSED MALE:

#3 - Jared Leto in YSL. I loved the white blazer and black pants. I think the red bow tie was a good touch to his "rocker" side. He looked great. Can I just say that his eyes are ridiculously gorgeous. 




#2 - Ryan Seacrest in Burberry. Yes, I know he was a commentator but let's admit that he brought it. He looked so dashing while interviewing the stars. 




#1 - Leo DeCaprio in Giorgio Armani. LOVE!! ADORE!! GORGEOUS!! Okay maybe I just cannot be partial to my love, but nobody can argue with me that he did not look incredible in this navy blue tux! Leo baby, you won the Oscar in my heart. :)




BEST DRESSED FEMALE:

#7 - Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena. I thought this dress was beautiful and it fit her like a glove. The extra cape like a waterfall on the side was just the right touch. I love that she put her hair up to show off the dress. The color was wonderful with her skin tone. Stunning!




#6 - Olivia Wilde in Valentino. THIS... is how every pregnant woman should dress. When I first saw Olivia, all I could say was WOW. She looked splendid, radiant and just glowing. Her hair and make-up were perfect. The peek-a-boo white in the back of the dress just did it for me. Gorgeous!




#5 - Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive. She does no wrong in my eyes. I admit when I first saw her, I was like ehhh, but then watching her walk the carpet and seeing how the dress flowed, I fell in love. The way she carries herself never stops amazing me. She is the definition of elegance from hair, make-up right down to the jewelry. Timeless!




#4 - Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace. While I am not a fan of Ms. Hudson, I have to say that this dress is spectacular. I had to get a photo with all the angles so that you can see just how marvelous this dress was. The fit, the draping, the way it hugged her body was just incredible. I love that she swept her hair to the side to let the back of the dress have its glory. Complete glamour!




#3 - Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen. My girl! I seriously want to be Sandra's BFF! I think she is one of the classiest, funniest and most adorable women in Hollywood. When I saw her yesterday, I squealed with delight. She looked beyond gorgeous in this dress. The fall of the draping in the front, the fit (front and back) and her side swept hair... I was swooning! So in love and so happy that she brought her game to the Oscars' red carpet. Marvelous!




#2 - Lupita Nyong'o in Prada. My other girl! OMG I am so obsessed with Lupita that I ran home yesterday just so that I wouldn't miss her on the red carpet. I was never so excited to see what anyone would wear than I was with her. I've been in love with her style from the moment she came on the scene and she did not disappoint. I was hell bent on making her my number one best dressed no matter what, but I have to be fair. There was someone else who I liked just a tiny bit more... Nevertheless, I loved Lupita's dress. I'm so happy that she went with the "fairy tale princess" look for her moment. The "Nairobi Blue" dress was delicious. The way the gown flowed with every move, the way the color complimented her skin tone, the gold jewelry and her make-up were simply stunning. I adored everything about this look! Exquisite!




#1 - Charlize Theron in Dior. OH. EM. GEE! This dress is to die for. I'm just going to say one word to describe... PERFECTION!




WORST DRESSED:

#5 - Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab. While some thought Angelina looked gorgeous, I was not impressed. I feel like the dress did not do justice to her figure. There was something about the fit around her waist that I did not like. Also, I feel like the color of the dress washed her out.




#4 - Anne Hathaway in Gucci. The words that came to mind when I saw her were "suit of armor"... While the dress itself fit her great, I was not a fan of all the embellishments.




#3 - Chrissy Tiegen in Monique Lhuiller. Not feeling anything about the dress, the overall look with the hair and make-up did not do it for me.




#2 - Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel. Too much going on here... The slit is too low just above the knee which takes away any sexiness the slit may have added, the red around the waist was not necessary, the crossing up top with the sheer and the pleating in the front of the skirt was all just TOO MUCH.




#1 - Pharrell Williams in Lanvin. SERIOUSLY DUDE?!?! ... It's the Oscars. You wear a complete pair of pants period! For the first time ever a man was dressed worse than any woman at the Oscars! WOW! On the plus side, I loved his performance of the song "Happy." :)




So there you have it my dears. My picks for this year's best and worst dressed of the Oscars. This brings an end to awards season. For those of us who love fashion it brings on a kind of sadness because we now have to wait until next year to do this all over again. It was a great season though. So many stars got it right especially Lupita Nyong'o! Can you tell I'm obsessed with her? She is one that I will be following from here on. Her sense of style has so far been dead on. I just adore that she goes for all the bright colors. LOL you all know how I love them. Stay tuned for a post dedicated to just her style in the next few days.

On that note, do you agree or disagree with my choices? Was there someone I left out in any category that you would have added? Let's compare. I mean there were so many good ones on the carpet this year that it was really hard to narrow it down. I'm flexible so you know the drill... please feel free to comment below and we'll chat. Go! #engage

Until next time...

Gracias,
AnnaCris <3


No comments:

Post a Comment